1st PRIZE $3000.
Great article in Poker Runs America magazine....click here and turn to page 66!
On August 11th, Borden Light Marina will be hosting its 12th annual high-performance Poker Run, located along the eastern shore of Mount Hope in Fall River, MA. Last year we had an excellent turnout of 54 boats that took part in the festivities. See Poker Run Magazine Vol. 19 No.4 For the first time the run will travel thru the ocean on route to its 3rd stop, Newport, RI. In addition, we have raised the winning purse to $3,000.
Two Big Changes that happened in 2017 and will continue this year!
1. The run is now open to all vessels with speeds above 55MPH. Bring on the high-performance Center Consoles and see if you can run with the best.
2. We are now going to challenge the open ocean. The course has been extended 8 miles up the West Passage of Narragansett Bay around Jamestown Island and thru the bowels of the Atlantic Ocean. We will then enter Newport Harbor leaving Castle Hill on our starboard side. All of the brave souls taking on the open water will receive one extra card for their hand. The soft soles wishing to bypass the mouth of the Atlantic can duck inside and take the old route.
The run will start promptly at 12:00 noon with a mandatory Captains meeting at 11:30. Participants are welcome to arrive as early as Thursday FREE OF CHARGE on land or in the water. The Travel Lift will be available Friday afternoon and Saturday until 11 am COMPLIMENTARY. The start last year was filmed as we raced past the Battleship Massachusetts and underneath the Braga Bridge, we will plan to do the same this year. Our 3rd stop we will rendezvous in downtown Newport, RI at West Wind Marina for a buffet lunch and live entertainment. It’s an amazing stop right in the heart of the city and the sailing capital of the world – we drive them crazy!! The final leg is thru Bristol, RI and then back to where it all began, The TIPSY SEAGULL!!! The band will be rocking and the card playing begins at 4:30 with dinner to follow. Dancing, of course, is allowed at any time!!!
- First Prize $3000
- Second Prize $500
- Third Prize Plaque & Gift Certificate
- BEST LOOKING BOAT
- BEST LOOKING CREW
The best part about our event, all the monies raised go to charity. Last year we were able to raise $15,000, $5000. was donated to the Fall River Preservation Society and $10.000 to the BAM Foundation for Breast Cancer Survivors! I want to send a tremendous thank you to everyone that participated last year and made it all possible. Please join me and get the word out so our 12th year is even bigger and better.
Myself, Cindy & the Crew at BLM look forward to seeing both new and old friends very soon!
EVERYONE ALWAYS ASKS: HOW CAN WE HELP? ANSWER: SIGN UP EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!
What a great run with awesome people, for a great benefit Borden Light Marina poker run 2016 $$ raised for the Boys and girls club of Fall River for the 10th year. Hats off to the hard working people that make this a safe fun and successful event year after year! Keep up the good work!
- Poker Run Notice & Registration (available soon)
- Waiver and safety page will have to be signed by Captain and crew the day of the event.